Sunday, July 10, 2011

Naples, Italy!!!

Naples, Italy
(July 4, 2011)

So we arrived in Naples on Saturday and took the day to simply explore and walk the city. We found a really great pizzeria up a random ally and it was fantastic! It definitely tasted different than the kinds back in the US :)  we ordered  a cheese pizza which they call a margarita. It's thinner and the sauce tastes more like a fresh tomato. There is always some basil on top which adds a little flavor. Oh and it's surely not as greasy! Oh and, what made it even better is that it was soo cheap! Each pizza was 5€ (apparently it's normal to order your own) :) afterwards a group of us grad students headed out for a hunt to find the Archeological Museum which included the artifacts from the Pompeii excavations. There were many paintings, glass vases, cooking utensils, furniture, and many other relics. It was pretty interesting. Heading back to he ship, we met a friendly local who spoke no English. He very much liked Kristina seeing as how he tried to kiss her on her lips and (per
 haps accidentally) Grabbed her boob!  He did manage to give us directions to the train station and he left to meet his friend.
Because the city of Naples wasn't as exciting as I hoped, I called it a night and wrote my paper for class. It was nice to actually get some sleep before my next trip early on the morning!
Yesterday was amazing!! We headed for a trip to the island of Capri and Anacapri!! It was soo much more beautiful and it definitely gave me the feel that I was in Italy!! When we landed ( by hydrofoil/fast boat) we took an hour to enjoy the beach! It was different from our usual sandy beach... Mostly because there was no sand! It was all rocks, and even though it hurt a little to walk on, it was pretty and it made a beautiful sound as the waves receded! I loved it! Unfortunately, I loved it so much that I pulled out my "waterproof" camera to record it and it apparently killed my camera :( I didn't let it ruin my trip though. We continued on touring the island and saw how beautiful everything was!!! Don't worry though I have friends who took pictures for me and I do have this little iTouch to take some pictures with.
When we got back we all took showers (these seas are very salty... Go figure :) and then headed out to have pizza where pizza originated! I liked this pizza even more but it was pretty similar to the one the night before :)
Our (last day in Naples) adventure today was a hike up Mt. Vesuvius... Which by the way is the volcano that erupted and destroyed the city of Pompeii in 79AD. It was gorgeous! We hiked up past the clouds to over 3,600 feet!
After wondering the city and discovering more sites I headed back to help with gangway :) and omg!!!! We had a FANTASTIC 4th of July barbq when we got back!!!! Incase you were wondering... Yes I more than likely will be bigger when I get back!!!! Yay food!!!

Sea ya latter!
Jenni

Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment