Saturday, July 2, 2011

Last day in Spain and heading to Italy!

Last day in Spain and heading to Italy!
7/1/2011
 
So this will be a brief blog :) But my last day in Spain was yesterday and I started off the day with a beautiful bike ride tour around the city!  After a quick nap I went to lunch and I got two of the students to travel up to the Estadi del football club Barcelona :) we didn't go inside because it was too expensive BUT after walking around a fully covered coliseum, I was convinced I wanted to see the inside... So, I figured out a way :) No, I didn't get to go inside, but I knew I had to go UP! I looked up and saw some tall buildings and... because I know I won't look like I belong here... I'm sure I wouldn't be able to walk through a business and blend in.  We went into the tallest hotel I could find... only to find out all the views on the side of the FC were rooms... but we spoke to one of the maids and she let us out through the emergency exit where we walked up the staircase to find a door that (in Spanish) read "restricted this door must be kept closed at all times." But the door was open... so we walked out onto the roof top for the perfect view!! :) After which we went back home (to the ship) and set sail for Italy!!
 
Even briefer :) Today was the Sea Olympics!!! My team was wonderful! ...we didn't place but I would say we definitely won the congeniality award! I was proud of them! Ok well... Ciao!!
 
Sea ya latter!
~Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment