Sunday, June 19, 2011

C1 or class day 1

C1 or class day 1

Aw before I break into today... I definitely have to let you know that yesterday was packed in the morning but after dinner us LLC Interns got to finally take a break and breath... Out on the deck laying out with the rest of the semester at sea girls!!! It was wonderful :) we even got to go out on the deck and watch the sun begin to set (I'll have to wait till latter to watch the full sun set. And of course a full sun rise :). Another note (because it has been so crazy busy and I have forgotten to mention) we had our floor meeting a couple of weeks ago and I (so far) am really digging my sea (residents on my deck). We have a mascot (the Aegean sea lions) and a claw for our hand sign!!! I LOVE the claw! First, the sea has slowly but surely brought it out to the rest of the ship and others are getting jealous that they aren't in our sea creating a sense of community :) second... It reminds me of the bobcat paw back home =D it just keeps popping up every corner I turn and it makes me smile :)

And now for today:
Today began with a morning trip to the sas store to find a jacket to keep me warm during class. :) I finished my readings for class (about the makeup of the shipboard of education) then ran head on into planning and preparing for our org fair today!! Amy and I were a little overwhelmed with how much we put together for this day but after a while we couldn't think of Any more ways to be prepared. So i continued my day at the desk answering fun questions and feeling like an RA again :) after our staff lunch meeting we headed off to our first class with dr. Kathy Manning :) I really appreciate her informing us that she was going to be a tough grader because she cares about our education and wants to challenge us! I know I will love her class!!
Latter in the evening (@ 20:00) we began our involvement fair! It was CRaZY busy! Over half of the students attended and soo many students registered for the over 50 organizations (plus a good handful that were created)!! Some orgs had over 300 sign ups! I know we must have handed out our Passports to Leadership to about 90%of those that attended! We are very excited about all of the soon to meet orgs :) afterwards the staff headed to Glazer Lounge and had a drink to celebrate as we... Get this!... Watched the MOON RISE over the ocean!! Such a beautiful view! A picture could not capture it's magnificence!!! As I'm getting ready for bed I still can't believe this amazing program I get to be a part of!!! Tomorrow will be a bit more liesur now that the org fair is out of the way but I'm sure it will be eventful!

My aunt gave me a magnet that said "go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined!" -Thoreau

Sea yah latter,
~Jenni

I would love to hear notes from back home :) leave a comment !!


Sent from my iPod

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Kathy is a tough grader!! She's really awesome though because she leaves notes on your paper about how to make it better or what she really likes about it. I never worked harder for a grade in a graduate level class...no offense other professors :) but Kathy definitely is careful with who she feels "earned" an A+, B+, C-, etc.

    Please look out for the Green Flash. You can only see it on the water and right as the last sliver of Sun hits the horizon. Our astonomy professor on the ship said that near Morocco is the best place to see it because the sand of Africa mixes with the atmospheric gasses the right way...or something like that :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. Jenni! You sound super busy and I know you LOVE it that way! I miss you but I am so proud of you and the amazing adventure you're on. I will be an avid follower of your blog. Can't wait to read more! Love you <3 Cindy

    ReplyDelete